To our amazing supporters, this week's action item is to print and distribute the 2015 MaterCare conference poster. We're hoping to have a great crowd this year!
Click here to print.
23 March 2015
What is World Doula Week? (From WorldDoulaWeek.com)
The purpose of World Doula Week ("WDW") is to empower doulas all over the world to improve the physiological, social, emotional, and psychological health of women, newborns and families in birth and in the postpartum period. The World Doula Week events will take place all over the world during the same week, stating the benefits of the presence of doulas in birth and in the postpartum period:
* Reduces the incidence of c-sections
* May shorten the length of labor
* Reduces epidural and analgesic requests
* Increases breastfeeding initiation and continuation
* Increases mother’s satisfaction of birth experience
* Can reduce the incidence of postpartum mood disorders
* Increases new parents’ confidence in the care of their newborn
When is World Doula Week?
World Doula Week begins with World Doula Day on March 22nd and will go through March 28th annually. March 22 was chosen because it is the spring equinox, which represents the return of fertility in countless cultures.
4 March 2015
THIS MOTHER’S DAY…
GIVE MOTHERS A FIGHTING CHANCE
Will you give a presentation?
We will send you brochures, donation forms, and more.
We are looking for people in Canada, the USA, and Ireland to handout materials and/or host presentations.